Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"It's okay if you mess up. You should give yourself a break."- Billy Joel

"You, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking. You are under the unfortunate impression that just because you run away you have no courage; you're confusing courage with wisdom."
- The Wizard, Wizard of Oz

Neville Longbottom, Hurley (Hugo), Charlie Brown, and the Cowardly Lion.  These are all (fictional) people/creatures I've been thinking a lot about in the past week.  Not because they were background people in their stories, but because of the courage and strength they developed over time.  I look up to them.  I mean, yes there are real life people I look up to for these characteristics as well, but sometimes it's easier to understand the person when they aren't "real."  


Anywho another thing I've noticed is the funny memories that a movie, song, or saying can bring about.  I'll be at work and start cracking up over a memory triggered by a song (Adwoa and Jaime can vouch for that), or how watching part of The Hangover makes me think about classes I took at FSU.  Some songs have been related to family members or even Paddington Bear.  I enjoy the fact that I get to make new memories out of old ones with my niece (who I get to hangout with for a week in July!).  I'm really hoping that The Gingerbread Man is one of her favorite books when she's older.

Lastly, the best way to end this rainy day would have to be curled up in bed watching The Hangover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment