Monday, January 10, 2011

2011: The New Beginning?

"The ancestor of every action is a thought."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alright, my first blog of the year (better late than never, and so far it's better than my goal for last year).    Where to begin!?  The Seminoles brought in the New Year with a victory over the South Carolina Gamecocks in the Chick~Fil~A Bowl.  Florida is bringing in Charlie Weis to be their Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks coach.  And if Nevada wins tonight and Auburn wins tomorrow I will most likely win my groups Bowl Game Challenge on ESPN.


Keeping with the sports theme:
   College Baseball starts in one month, one week, one day with FSU playing VMI (Virginia Military Institute) in a 3 game series.
       --> I will attempt to attend 90% of the games this season (meaning I need people to attend games with me, they're boring when you go alone).
   FSU men's basketball plays Duke on Wednesday.  It will be my second basketball game this season and probably my last (still considering UNC since we might actually stand a chance against them this season).  I feel like since the Nole Zone ended, games aren't the same.
       -->  I think I have the beginnings of a weird phobia where I'm afraid of basketball players because they're unusually tall (at least from my angle because I'm so short).
   Lastly, one of my best friends, Mallory, who lives in D.C., has recently taking a serious interest in Hockey.  Thanks to our many conversations reaching back to November this has sparked a slight interest in the sport for me.  This means I'm going to try and get an education in this with the help of some friends and wikipedia (hopefully I'll be able to watch a game too).
        --> All I know about hockey is what I saw in The Mighty Ducks trilogy and the 2010 winter olympics.


Since my last blog was a set up for this year, let me fill you in on how my resolutions and goals have been going.  This is my first blog of the year.  Considering I wanted to do it weekly, I'm 3 days behind.  I promise I WILL work on this.  I need to continue to write because it's helping me reinforce what I learned in high school (thanks to Mrs. Marshall!) and keep my writing skills strong, even though I'm best at writing research type papers.  I have yet to go to the gym, or the track for that matter, since the year started.  HOWEVER I think I'm going to modify this into doing the couch25K, which seams to be trending amongst my friends right now (http://www.c25k.com/).  This will probably start up this week, just need to get an iPod playlist ready (here's to Gerard for advising me there).  I haven't really had a issue with saying no yet, but it's still early in the year.  Lastly...reading my Bible daily, this one is the difficult one since I hate reading.  I am 10 days behind and need to establish a reading schedule.  I plan on catching up, especially with a long weekend ahead (and a retreat this weekend with Ambassadors For Christ) so by next week I should be good to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment