Thursday, December 30, 2010

And The New Year Soon Begins

"Here’s a hymn to the Garnet and Gold, ringing to the sky.
Here’s a song for the men and women bold. Sing with heads held high.
Striving ere to seek to know, Fight for victory.
Alma Mater, this our song to you. Echoes, F.S.U."
-Hymn To The Garnet & Gold

Well, tomorrow night I will be enjoying a lovely competition between Jimbo Fisher's Florida State Seminoles and Steve Spurrier's  South Carolina Gamecocks, making this my last post of the year, as I will not have my computer with me on the trip.  Going with this sports theme a little bit longer...here are my views:  The Noles and Gamecocks are evenly matched, exact same records for the season, both are the runners up in their conferences, both have a lot to prove at this game.  This being said, and while I made my pick weeks ago (GO NOLES!), it will be a close game and it WILL come down to the last couple of minutes (I've said it once, and I'll say it again, we're a 4th quarter team and always will be).

I know I've kept my mouth shut recently, but I'm going to work on this.  At the end of bowl season I will probably do a series on this season, the ACC and my thoughts about what is next to come (BASEBALL season [Opening day is Feb. 18th!]).  For now I want to discuss plans/goals/resolutions for the next year.

1. I will work on saying NO.  My friend Justin gets on to me all the time for never/rarely saying no and while watching 27 Dresses with my mom earlier this week I realized how true that statement was. So from 27 Dresses, I give you "No":
Kevin: [helping Jane practice saying no] Jane, give me fifty bucks.
Jane: No!
Kevin: Jane, it's fifty bucks. I'll pay you back.
Jane: No.
Kevin: [takes Jane's hand] Jane... I *need* you to give me fifty bucks.
Jane: [hesitantly] No?
Kevin: Eh... not bad. Can I have your drink?
Jane: Sure.
[beat]
Jane: No! Oh, no...
Kevin: [laughing] You were doing so well! 
2. I will go to Leach (FSU's gym) and/or walk Mike Long track once a week.  I've been inspired by my friend Nathan (http://nathanalbert.wordpress.com/who is blogging about his weight loss.  I've also really thought about going on The Biggest Loser, but I don't have the time, so why not try to start my own weight loss "program."

3. I will blog a minimum of once a week.  After making a resolution to blog last year and not starting until November I will do a better job this upcoming year, I promise.

4. Lastly, I will read my Bible everyday.  A couple of years ago, my mom got me a Bible in a Year Bible so I could read it in it's entirety, which has been a goal for several years, which I have failed miserably at, so I will be using that to stay on top of my goal.

I ask you, for those of you that do read these posts, to help encourage me to stay up to date on these goals.  I really do promise my writings will get better and interesting again someday soon.  Now I hope you all have a happy and safe New Years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment