Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Bucket List

"Have you found joy in your life?
Has your life brought joy to others?"
- Carter Chambers (the two questions asked of the dead by the gods at the entrance to heaven),
The Bucket List

I've recently realized that I want to do more in life, be more spontaneous in the things I do.  I will, on occasion, find something that I've highly interested in and research it, but never follow through on the project, trip, adventure.  Everyone has a bucket list, or at least should, and while I hope to live a long life, I know that God has his own plans. Below is my compiled bucket list that I've been working on for about a year:

  1. Go to Times Square for New Years Eve
  2. Go to Santorini, Greece
  3. Go to Bruges, Belgium
  4. Go to a National Championship game (football and/or baseball)
  5. Go to Easter Island
  6. Go to Mardi Gras
  7. Go on a cruise
  8. Go to the World Cup
  9. Go on an annual camping trip (other than the trip to Mexico)
  10. Visit all 7 continents
  11. Visit all 50 states (17 left)
  12. Visit the White House
  13. Visit the Louvre
  14. Visit Pike Place Market
  15. Meet Robin Williams
  16. Meet John Mayer
  17. Meet Gerard Butler
  18. Meet Aaron Sorkin
  19. Fund a home in Mexico
  20. Completely organize my iTunes
  21. Run a marathon
  22. Read a book in less than a week
  23. Read the Bible in its entirety
  24. Read all of Nicholas Sparks books
  25. Learn photography
  26. Learn Greek
  27. Learn how to play the guitar
  28. Learn to knit or crochet
  29. Learn to surf
  30. Learn kick boxing
  31. Learn to say "No" without feeling guilty
  32. Cook a meal with Tom Colicchio, Bobby Flay, or Mario Batali
  33. Jump off a cliff into deep water
  34. Solve a Rubik's Cube
  35. Get a cake from Charm City Cakes
  36. Build a Habitat for Humanity home
  37. Design my own home
  38. Own my dream car (BMW 328i Hardtop Convertible)
  39. Start my own business
  40. Bowl a perfect game (...or at least get turkey)
  41. Work for ESPN
  42. Create a new family tradition
  43. Have a brick at Westcott Fountain
  44. Experience Paint-A-Pot at FSU

1 comment:

  1. I think there's some in there that we should do together like umm....1-3 and 7. You really should call me a lot more often we have a LOT of the same thoughts.

    ReplyDelete