Saturday, August 6, 2011

Siblings


(L to R: Sarah, Crosby, Adam, Julia)
"It was nice growing up with someone like you, someone to lean on,
someone to count on... someone to tell on!"
-Unknown

I'm re-watching the first season of Parenthood and it's surprising the similarities I see in the Beaverman siblings and my own. 


I see Josh as the Adam of the family.  He's the family man you works as the glue of the siblings.  He is the problem solver and friend, but knows how to relax and have fun when needed.


Johnny is like Crosby, he's always in over his head, but tries to set things straight.  He's made a lot of mistakes in his past (and present), but he's learning and making a better life for himself.  He learns to overcome.


Now seeing that there are four siblings on the show and only 3 of us, I see a lot of both Sarah and Julia in myself.  With Sarah you have an artist who wants be successful with something for once and is still learning who she is, while Julia is established and set in her ways, but is learning to let her hair down.


Together though, all of the siblings work.  Sure they fight, cry, love, laugh, scream, and care for each other, but at the end of the day they come together and they just work.  Plain and simple.


Below is one of my favorite clips (from Season 2) and it's how just how I imagine my family, maybe not exactly, but close enough.



Josh and Johnny (Bri and Anna too) I love you guys and I'm so happy to have you in my life.  I miss you and can't wait for us all to be reunited again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment