Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

"I can feel the weight, I can just come clean
I keep it to myself, I know what it means
I can't have you, but I have dreams."
- Brandi Carlile, Dreams

Oh my goodness.  This weekend seems to have been a blur.  Actually these last two/three weeks seem like a blur.  The highs have been high, the lows have...well been low, like 6 feet under, I think I touched Earth's core that how low I got.  

Lets just say that even after escaping (and getting reprimanded for it) for an hour on Saturday and having several discussions with friends it took all I had not to cry through Jim's entire sermon on Sunday morning.  When the alter call came it was just a blessing that I was able to make it all the way over to where Ron was standing because I could hardly see at that point from the tears.  Ron's hug has been the best thing that's happened to me in almost the past month, it was so comforting.  It took me a good 3 minutes before my speech was coherent, but I finally broke down enough to share with the entire church that I seem to have sunk into a state of depression that I don't know how to get out of.

While I know I'm no where close to being back to normal I will say that the support I've gotten in the last couple of days has been really helpful and appreciated.  I still find it difficult to completely share what's going on, but I really am working on that.  I'm just grateful that God has put so many wonderful people in my life to help me overcome this "funk".  I'm so thankful God has placed me in such a loving environment and church family.



On a happier note:  After having a "ehh" day today I got home and watched Case 39 with Samantha.  The movie reassured me that social work/therapy/most things having to do with my degree is not the career choice for me, but it was a great movie.  I then had an AWESOME 2.5 hour conversation/Skype session with Mallory, Rachel, and Dave.  It was like we had gone back in time to 3 years ago when they were all in town and we would hang out at McCartney Motel, even though we were representing Dallas, DC, and Tallahassee.  I'm finishing this day with a lovely episode of Ghost Adventures (thanks Netflix for helping that addiction) and this blog to let you, dear reader, know that things seem to be getting better.

Also, college football starts Thursday night, which means Saturday is gonna ROCK!  My fantasy football draft was this past Saturday and I think I recruited a pretty good team, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.  Oh and how appropriate is it that my first game is against Mallory?

Well, I'm gonna attempt to get some sleep now, but I should be back soon with some football talk and an update on how I'm doing.  Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I shouldn't have attempted to watch Julian Smith's movie while at work. Disastrous. Anyway...

    I love and miss you (even though we live together). I can't wait til you get home and I can cook dinner for you (like "Beef" NEVER does for me). Speaking of Beef....I'm hungry.

    I'm sleepy. And I'm hungry, did I mention? Thankfully, I have a delicious lunch here today. Pears and fruit snacks to go along with my deliciousssss chicken breast sandwich. I'm so awesome. If you want me to start making you lunch too (once you've finished off all of your leftovers), I will. Or we can make them together like husband and wife. You have to be the husband because you like sports and man stuff. Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete