Thursday, June 14, 2012

"The opposite of faith is fear."- Dean Farris

Describe 3 Legitimate Fears You Have and Explain How They Became Fears

I don't know how it happened, but since a young age I have had a fear of being alone.  Not in the sense of never finding the right person/relationship, but in general being alone.  There are numerous times when I have freaked out from being home alone, once I got so scared when I heard a sound that I called my parents freaking out only to realize it was the VCR rewinding a tape I had just finished watching...by the way, I was in high school when this happened.  I think it's because I over analyze things, so the smallest sound when I know no one is with me makes me wonder if someone broke into the house or something odd like a horrible storm is about to hit even with a clear sky.  I just can't explain it other than it scares me, I generally lock myself in my room when I'm home alone, and I just don't like it.

The next fear is something I'm not sure people will fully understand, especially since it still seems to be developing, but it's that people judge me based on those who I spend my time with.  Writing this theory/fear down just sounds weird and trust me I don't hangout with bad people, but it's that people don't see me for me, they see me as Lynn and ________, never as the individual.  I feel this is part of the reason I've had to grow up, loose, and reexamine several of my friendships this past year, which is heartbreaking for me since I don't believe I was really the cause of this series of unfortunate events.  But you life and you learn, and this fear is quickly making me learn who I can and cannot trust and what I should look for in my friendships in the future.

Lastly, I fear, that while I'm happy with my life now, I'm settling.  I legitimately love my job, my friends, my house, etc., but I constantly fear that others keep pushing me because they feel I've settled.  Yes, I want more in my life when it comes to my future, but for now I'm happy and that's what matters to me.  I guess I'm just scared that things won't work out for me if I move on too quickly, or that I'm just not suitable for any other position/career.

I feel cheesy writing these all down, but for me I think about all 3 of them on a regular basis.  Maybe they're just fears that are a part of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment