Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here's to the New Year

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."- Harry, When Harry Met Sally

Well, here we are in 2012.  As Samantha says it's the first day of the last year of our life...if you believe the Mayan calendar that is.  Anyway, there isn't much to say other than I had an amazing Christmas (except I wasn't able to see my dad).  I got some movies (The Outsiders being the highlight as it's the most difficult to find, but all are ones I love), I received a FSU baseball jersey that was personalized (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101297295376513), a personalized Tervis Tumbler, two reams of yarn with knitting needles, and the Marc Jacobs Daisy collection.  I really loved not traveling this Christmas and Tallahassee was really nice and quiet. 

Now onto the Resolutions:

  • No Soda (except for a Coke or two on my trip to Mexico this summer if I'm able to go)
  • No Candy
  • I will read a minimum of 1 chapter from my Bible every night (and starting the accountability texting again)
  • Walking 2 miles a night in the neighborhood with Mallory and Samantha at least 4 nights a week.
  • Not purchasing any movies (gifts are acceptable, but personally buying is out)
  • Saving at least $20 a month for savings
Now I'm sure I will fail at some of these, like the no movie buying one, but these are just goals to help me over the course of the next year as I realized I had/have a movie addiction problem.

Anyway, to close today's little blog I am sharing a song that I heard on the radio last night by Colbie Caillat that's a mash-up of The Script's Breakeven and Tracey Chapman's Fast Car.  I hope you enjoy it and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment