Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here


"And he puzzled and puzzed, till his puzzler was sore.  Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!

'Maybe Christmas,' he thought, 'doesn't come from a store.  Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more.'"
- Narrator, How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Well I managed to fail my once a week blog already, but let me just say that my work and sleep schedule recently hasn't been the best, especially if you add a gruesome sinus infection into the mix.  Regardless I'm here to let you know that I accomplished all of my Christmas shopping, with the exception of one person today, and plan to get the remaining stocking stuffers, etc., tomorrow morning before the last minute crowds get too big.

I'm looking forward to the holiday as odd as that seems (to me at least).  My mom, aunt, sister-in-law, and niece will be driving over on Sunday after church to have a "small" Christmas feast with myself and Mallory, then Denise will be joining us later in the evening.  I can't wait to hop back in the kitchen to make some bacon mac 'n cheese (inspired by one of the meals from my cruise last month).

Now, in an effort to get a head start on one of my New Years Resolutions (which will be posted in a blog next week [I promise]) I plan on reading through the nativity story from the account of Luke tomorrow night before bed.  Luke just has that little something special that I feel Matthew left out in his account of the Gospels.  Forget reading the Night Before Christmas, let's remember what this season is about...and it's not gifts or food.  Jesus is the reason for the season.

I probably won't post again before Christmas, so Merry Christmas, dear readers, and I will see you again before 2012 knocks on your door.


My favorite Christmas song:
The cute Christmas video:
The funny adult Christmas scenario:
http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/6dxd

No comments:

Post a Comment